- Home /
- Rifles Only Field Craft Course
This is a low round count course that covers the practical field aspects of the precision rifle. The course will cover topics to include:
- Basic Medical
- What to Carry and How to Pack Your Rucksack
- Fundamentals of Camouflage
- Observation Drills
- Land Navigation
- Hide Selection and Building
- Sketching/Reporting & Basic Patrolling Techniques and Formations
The course will incrementally teach and challenge you, sharpening and honing your field skills. It will culminate with a live fire scenario, which will put all of your newly learned skills to the test!
This is really a great class that goes beyond shooting.
All fees/deposits for courses and/or competitions are non-refundable and non-transferable. For any concerns or questions please contact us.
Basic equipment list for Land Nav. Part of the course:
- Compass: (3 options): Cammenga Lensatic or D3-T Baseplate, Suunto MC-2 Global Base Plate Compass, or Silva Ranger Base Plate Compass
- Protractor - Preferrably 2: (recommended type listed here): Military style MGRS/UTM Coordinate Grid Reader and protractor) the recommended style of protractor for this course is linked here: https://www.amazon.com/MapTools-Improved-Military-Coordinate-Protractor/dp/B003NAOERO
- Ranger Beads
- Map Case: (2 options): Silva A-4 Size / Seal Line Medium
- Water Bottle(s) (3 Liters worth) or Hydration Bladder
- Meds if you take/need any
- Snake Gaiters (Optional)
- Lightweight Pack w/ several pockets
- Small IFAK
- GPS (optional): recommended type: Garmin Foretrex 601 (it's inexpensive, easy to use, and hands free)
Please be sure to still click the "Additional Information" tab above this course description and view the FULL equipment list.
The Most Descriptive article on field craft yet:
If you click on the following Blue words in a separate web page will open an Article/review with pictures at the end, of the Rifles Only Field Craft course, that was written by a student that attended the course. We hope you enjoy taking the time to read it and get to feel and understand what the Rifles Only Field Craft course is like. Thank you Roland Hesmondhalgh for writing and sending us such a interesting and awesome piece of journalism on this course!
|Open To||Civilian, Military, Law Enforcement, Private Security Contractor|
|Types||Rifle, Sniper Training|
|Training Topics||Basic Patrolling techniques & Formation, Cover and Concealment, Data Gathering, Fundamentals of Camouflage, Gear Selection, Hide Selection & Building, Judging Distance, Land Navigation, Observation Drills, Range estimation, Reporting/Sketching, Tactical movement, Target Detection|
|Equipment List||308 rifle or other short action caliber capable of one minute of angle (recommended), Ammunition, Bipod, Bug repellent, Calculator, Camelback Or Other Water System (3 liters worth of water), Cleaning Equipment for all firearms, Compass: Recommended options: Cammenga Lensatic of D3-T baseplate, Suunto MC-2 Global base plate compass, or Silva Ranger base plate compass, Durable Boots or Footwear, Easily Adjustable scope, Eye And Ear Protection, Flashlight, GPS: recommended option: Garmin Foretrex 601 (Basic or phone with topo Map app), Hat Or Ball Cap, Leather Gloves , Leather or Nylon Precision Rifle Sling (Not A Carry Strap), Light weight Rucksack or Backpack with lots of pockets to carry all gear, Long Sleeved Shirts and Long Pants, Map Case: Either Silva A-4 size or Seal Line Medium, Medication if you take any, Pen, Pencil, Highlighter, and Black Marker, Protractor: Military style MGRS/UTM Coordinate grid reader/protractor (we recommend to bring 2), Rain Gear, Ranger Beads, Rear Bag, Scope, Small IFAK, Snake Gaiters (optional), Sunscreen/Sunblock|
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Fun class and lots to learn.
This is a great class with great instructors of course, but it will be what you make of it. There is a good bit of instruction here on land nav., so dust off the ole' FM 21-26 and get familiar with MGRS/UTM. Knowing pace counts, map reading, route selection will help you and your class move on to the other stuff. Target detection and fundamentals of camouflage are also covered, so make sure your concealment garments are squared away. Oh yeah it's Colorado, get hydrated before showing up.
Have fun and get in touch with your inner mongrel.
Review by Biff / (Posted on 11/30/2016)