This is a low round count course that covers the practical field aspects of the precision rifle. The course will cover topics to include:
- Basic Medical
- What to Carry and How to Pack Your Rucksack
- Fundamentals of Camouflage
- Observation Drills
- Land Navigation
- Hide Selection and Building
- Sketching/Reporting & Basic Patrolling Techniques and Formations
The course will incrementally teach and challenge you, sharpening and honing your field skills. It will culminate with a live fire scenario, which will put all of your newly learned skills to the test!
This is really a great class that goes beyond shooting.
All fees/deposits for courses and/or competitions are non-refundable and non-transferable. For any concerns or questions please contact us.
Basic equipment list for Land Nav. Part of the course:
- Compass: (3 options): Cammenga Lensatic or D3-T Baseplate, Suunto MC-2 Global Base Plate Compass, or Silva Ranger Base Plate Compass
- Protractor - Preferrably 2: (recommended type listed here): Military style MGRS/UTM Coordinate Grid Reader and protractor) the recommended style of protractor for this course is linked here: https://www.amazon.com/MapTools-Improved-Military-Coordinate-Protractor/dp/B003NAOERO
- Ranger Beads
- Map Case: (2 options): Silva A-4 Size / Seal Line Medium
- Water Bottle(s) (3 Liters worth) or Hydration Bladder
- Meds if you take/need any
- Snake Gaiters (Optional)
- Lightweight Pack w/ several pockets
- Small IFAK
- GPS (optional): recommended type: Garmin Foretrex 601 (it's inexpensive, easy to use, and hands free)
Please be sure to still click the "Additional Information" tab above this course description and view the FULL equipment list.
The Most Descriptive article on field craft yet:
If you click on the following Blue words in a separate web page will open an Article/review with pictures at the end, of the Rifles Only Field Craft course, that was written by a student that attended the course. We hope you enjoy taking the time to read it and get to feel and understand what the Rifles Only Field Craft course is like. Thank you Roland Hesmondhalgh for writing and sending us such a interesting and awesome piece of journalism on this course!
Rifles Only Field Craft Article/Review