This is a basic class with a heavy emphasis on shooter analysis and the fundamentals of marksmanship. A very solid base from which to build advanced skills.
Shooters of all skill levels are welcome, this is also a great refresher class if it has been a while.
**Course Curriculum is subject to change and will be dependent on the student tempo. We have the ability to include areas not listed below, based on student interest and feedback.
- Emphasis on the Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Precision Engagements on Paper to 500 Yards
- Understanding Your Reticle along with Practical Application Drills
- Introduction to Moving Targets
- Introduction to Shooting in the Wind
- Practical Application Drills to 1,000 Yards
- Introduction to Alternative Position Shooting
- Range Estimation and Practical Application Drills
- One evening of Low-Light & Altered Light Shooting
- 308 rifle or other short action caliber capable of one minute of angle accuracy, other calibers subject to instructor approval
- A Scope that easily adjusts in Mils, or MOA with some type of graduated reticle
- Leather or nylon sling, not a carrying strap
- Rear Bag
- Cleaning gear for Rifle
- Pen, pencil, highlighter, and black marker
- Two small spiral notebooks or one rifle data book
- Eye and ear protection
- Long sleeved shirts and long pants
- Durable boots or footwear
- Camelback or other water system
- Rucksack or backpack to carry all gear