This course will run 4 days and will spend two of those on high angle long distance shooting. The first two days will be fundamentals, positional, platform building, and alternate positions.
This course is not easy. Be prepared for hard days of movement from position to position with all of your equipment. This class will be conducted North of Salt Lake City, Utah. Information and more details will be given upon registration for this class.
You may encounter weather extremes to include:
- high winds
- or possibly the best weather ever :)
Targets will range from 100-1500 yards.
**The student must be able to move well while carrying gear on the trails.
This is not a basic course. The student needs to be well aware of how their equipment works. A solid understanding of the rifle and scope is a must. Prior instruction in precision rifle will be necessary to insure that the student is able to move to advanced rifle concepts.
- Equipment selection and use
- Adaptive fundamentals
- Range estimation
- Wind reading and calculations
- High angle solutions
- Target detection
- Alternate shooting positions
- Rifle capable on 1 MOA
- Easily adjustable scope
- Leather or nylon sling
- Rear Bag
- Cleaning gear for Rifle
- Pen, pencil, highlighter, and black marker
- Two small spiral notebooks or one rifle data book
- Eye and ear protection
- Long sleeved shirts and long pants
- Durable boots or footwear
- Camelback or other water system
- Leather gloves
- Rucksack or backpack to carry all gear
Please be selective on additional equipment. By the end of day one, all your extra neat gadgets will be left behind. Every ounce makes a difference on the trails.