Combines Precision Rifle I and Precision Rifle II.
Rifles Only has invested tens of thousands of dollars over the last six months in range improvements.
We have added five new ranges for more UKD, Chaos type, run and gun, and alternate position shooting. This was done in advance of the 2012 Bushnell Brawl. These ranges continue to be used for our precision rifle classes. Also, the addition of our new dual mover system with remote control capability allow for faster training times. There is virtually no waiting for range time as several ranges can be safely utilized at the same time.
In light of these changes, the Precision Rifle 1&2 course will transition from a six day program to a five day program. There is no loss in training; in fact there is a gain due to these new capabilities at Rifles Only. We are very excited about these new capabilities and altered format for our signature course.
The 1&2 course will be offered multiple times during the Fall 2012 training season.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Recoil management
- Positional Shooting
- Trajectory and Wind Compensation
- Use and difference between cover and concealment
- Care of the precision rifle and optics
- Use of the milliradian system for range estimation
- Gear selection
- Weak side shooting
- Target detection
- Shot placement
- Internal, external, and terminal ballistics
- Data gathering and usage
- Malfunction drills
- Precision shot placement under high stress
- Effects of temperature and B.P.
- Distances to include 1,000 yards
- 308 rifle or other short action caliber capable of one minute of angle
- Easily adjustable scope
- Leather or nylon sling, not a carrying strap
- Rear Bag
- Cleaning gear for Rifle
- Pen, pencil, highlighter, and black marker
- Two small spiral notebooks or one rifle data book
- Eye and ear protection
- Long sleeved shirts and long pants
- Durable boots or footwear
- Camelback or other water system
- Leather gloves
- Rucksack or backpack to carry all gear
- Bug repellent
- Rain gear
- Hat or ball cap